Django Girls is recruiting for two roles (which could be filled by one person if appropriate). Each role will be an initial 6-month contract, with the potential to renew this on a rolling basis (dependent on funding available). All contractors receive a rate of £20 per hour. The successful candidate will need to be registered as self-employed and be able to invoice Django Girls monthly.
The roles will be advertised until filled, so please apply early.
We pay contractor invoices on receipt (honestly, we actually do!).
Django Girls is a non-profit organization and a community that empowers and helps women to organize free, one-day programming workshops by providing tools, resources and support. We are a volunteer run organization with hundreds of people contributing to bring more amazing women into the world of technology. We are making technology more approachable by creating resources designed with empathy.
During each of our events, 30-60 women build their first web application using HTML, CSS, Python and Django.
Position one - Awesomeness Ambassador
This is a paid, remote position, working a max of 20 hours a month (this may change in the future) handling all the administrative and operational tasks of the organisation.
- Use your fluent command of English, passion for emoji and great organisational skills to stay on top of the Django Girls inbox (firstname.lastname@example.org) answering to questions and queries and reviewing applications for new Django Girls events.
- Enjoy providing support and help to make an impact on hundreds of Django Girls volunteers and thousands of attendees all over the world.
- Actively participate in developing and implementing a fundraising strategy for the Django Girls Foundation.
- Continue developing strong, effective and friendly communication skills while providing support and help to volunteer organisers from all over the world.
- Work independently in a remote environment, managing your own workday, working hours and todo list.
- Approach new problems with an enthusiastic attitude, developing and documenting new lean processes for the organisation.
- Use Gmail, Google Drive, Slack, Trello and GitHub to optimise your daily workflow.
Even if you don’t tick all the boxes, please apply if you believe you have the aptitude and drive to learn quickly
For more information please contact email@example.com.
*covering letters can be sent in audio/video format if preferred
Manchester, England, United Kingdom, Remote (Remote OK)